Local Living operates Alnwick Markets. We want to make Alnwick Market Place a vibrant community space that results in social and economic benefits to the town and traders.
Local Living is about bringing benefits to all the residents of North Northumberland by the development of local work and the local economy
• Revitalising the markets in Alnwick Market Place in partnership with Alnwick Community Development Trust
• Collaborating with LEADER+ projects in Dorset, Penistone, South Rosscommon in Ireland and Transylvania in Romania to promote local, fairtrade and organic food, drink, arts & crafts in the Berwick & Alnwick Districts.
There are currently five directors on the board: Philip Angier (chair), Ian Brown, Paddy Conway, Andrea Perrett and Kathryn Potts.
Membership of Local Living is open to anyone with a passion for North Northumberland who supports the purpose and principles of the organisation.
Do you live or work in Alnwick or Berwick Districts? If your answer is yes to this and to some of the questions below then you can join with like minded people at Local Living:
• Is quality of life important to you?
• Would you like to explore ways for more people to work locally?
• Do you want distinctive, locally owned shops rather than national chains in towns?
• Do you support local food producers, village shops and Farmers' Markets?
• Is environmental sustainability high on your agenda?
Contact address for Local Living: